10.27.2008

youtube

Having been involved with the creation of only one youtube video, I am eager to create more, now that I know the instructional strategies that can be enhanced with the use of video. The video I helped to create was intended more as a promotional endeavor for my library; however, many instructors have told me that they use it as a slideshow for the open time after students enter the classroom and before class actually begins. Even without being intentional about its creation for instructional purposes, they have proved that the video is helpful for use before formal teaching begins. Although I'm glad that it's being used as such, I think my next creation will be even more meaningful for instruction, as I will have in mind some of its potential purposes (bookending, attention-grabber, explanation enhancer, etc.) while planning/creating it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently had a great experience creating a YouTube video with my daughter. In an attempt to help her memorize a poem (The Raven), we decided that we could watch/listen to some YouTube videos of famous actors reading The Raven. My daughter really liked Christoper Walken's reading, so we then made a video of her reading along with him (off a ppt that she had made) in order to get a sense of expert phrasing and timing. We then shared the video with her friends. Her ability to watch herself and practice, and the feedback from her peers (from all over the country) is pretty cool, and inspirational to her.