11.09.2008
is it safe?
Sure, I can see using blogs for higher education, but K12? I am slightly concerned about the use of 3rd party software for educational purposes, anyhow. I just don't like the idea of a company having (ultimate) control over all that content and there are some definite privacy issues. Even if the blog is made private, only for viewing by student and teacher, that student's identity could still be compromised. This is especially problematic when the student in question is under 18 years of age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good point. . .for a blog to really be a blog, I think it needs to be pretty free form and widely available. Every level of control or set of rules imposed on a blogger make blogging less "real". . . and there is certainly a necessity for K-12 to protect students. Maybe blogs, in their current form aren't a great educational tool for K-12.
Post a Comment