11.18.2008
thank you, Intellagirl
Thanks to our guest speaker last night, Intellagirl, I am no longer a skeptic of immersive environments (e.g. Second Life) for learning. I used to think SL was for anyone who didn't have a first life, but now I know it is so much more. Her description of how she increased student learning and engagement by having them build their final assignment in SL and invite others to visit/review their work was intriguing. The technology piqued students interest and the knowledge that their projects would be viewed by a larger audience made them more invested in the process. Students taking ownership? That's when learning happens. Rock on, Intellagirl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I enjoyed Intellagirl's presentation last night. She definitely figured out a FirstLife application of SecondLife. I've had fun the little bit I've played around in SL, and hope to actual do something useful or productive in SL one day.
Post a Comment